Sunday 24 March 2019

Greater Manchester Police run for the hills as High Court battle is put in against them



Wow, where do I start? OK let’s go back to a quick recap. January 2018 the then Chief Executive of Wigan Council, Donna Hall, tried to “illegally” sack a democratically Independent Cllr for Bryn, Cllr Steve Jones. She, and Labour thought because he didn’t have £100,000 to take them to the High Court they would get away with it. I agreed to help Cllr Steve Jones, and as his McKenzie Friend – a legal term for someone supporting a claimant, to take the Council to the High Court. In a unprecedented hearing the High Court Judge that sits on the Queen’s bench lambasted Donna Hall for her illegal actions. He overwhelming said that no one in their right mind would think that Cllr Jones had resigned, which  Donna Hall and Labour were trying to say. Normally, the courts, quite rightly, do not get involved with democracy, unless it is an exceptional case. But the judge said it was clearly an exceptional case and stopped the by election taking place the following day. Never before had any judge in the history of our democracy stopped an election. That shows you the scale that Labour and the Council’s Chief Executive went too in their illegal corrupt action. That court battle cost Wigan Tax Payers half a million quid. Because of the corrupt actions of Labour, Donna Hall quite rightly got sacked!

So, anyone losing like that would just be quiet. Nope not Donna Hall. She then made false allegations, in my opinion, about Peter Franzen stalking and harassing her. She got a dodgy high ranking police officer to get a squad of Police Officers in riot guy to storm his house and arrest him. For those that do not know Peter Franzen is is an OAP in his 70’s and here were a squad of coppers in riot guy ramming his door down with battering rams – Really?. Wow.

That was Jan 18 and after his arrest he has been under investigation for 14 months now. No charges. Then later in the year – less dramatically they arrest Cllr Bob Brierley and Mr X for the same offence as Peter Franzen. I say Mr X as that person has never publicly revealed themselves and although I know who they are I believe they have a right to keep it quiet if they wish.

Back to Cllr Steve jones and after his massive win in the high court he quite rightly had been asking for an apology. Any normally person would think that was the least the Council could do. The council refused to so he went and applied to take Donna Hall and Wigan Council back to the court for damages. As the then Chief Executive Donna Hall and the head of Legal Services were dodging being served with the high court papers, I took them to her house and served her. (OK here we go brace yourself). As I did this I was assaulted by her thug of a boyfriend ….I am writing this and can’t think of his name….O yeah Ged Bretherton- ex Labour Cllr how had an affair with Donna Hall, before he left his wife and kids for her. There was a scene with Donna hall saying I am going to get the police on you watch your back etc. I simple said Donna you have been served, it’s that simple. I tried to report the assault to Wigan police no joy. Well they are bent towards Labour and the Town hall. Hang on I hear some of you say – you can’t say that about coppers. I reply read on.

So after that one night I was at home and just about to go to bed. It was about 11 O’clock at night. Then just as I was turning the lights out I saw a load of car lights come in. Being nosey I looked out the window and saw 2 cars and a cop van. Hang on they are stopping out side my house. Then about 7 coppers get out of the vehicles. OK, here we go! I opened the door and they ask can they come in. sure no issues. So this copper says his name is DCI so and so. I will not reveal his name as it will become clear for legal reasons. I say Ok he asks me about going to Donna Hall’s house I say o yeah to serve her high court papers. He refused to look at the papers. He then went on to arrest me for guess what?? You guessed stalking and harassing her. I said you having a laugh? Nope let’s go. To be fair the uniform officers looked embarrassed. They all had come 30 miles away from Bury cop shop. They tell you there is a shortage of bobbies but yet they can find 7 bobbies to drive over 60 miles round trip to arrest me. What a joke!

So, I am then taken to Bury Police station and at the desk where they book you in this copper says you will be detained for further investigations. I gave him all the medication that I was on. I was under going some serious investigations for a health concern at the time. I was given a piece of paper with my rights on and put in a cell. I first thought that it would be an hour or so. No point getting het over it, so to speak. I suffer from PTSD and the police knew this. So, I just presumed that they would see through Donna Hall malice lies. Little did I know they were in on it!

When I was in the cell I went to sleep, as it was night time. When I woke it was 6 or 7am. I thought bit strange I had not been interviewed yet so I rang the intercom and said they will get to me when they get to me . So I read the piece of paper with my rights on it. O OK one of my rights is reading a book called PACE and this sets out what the police can and cannot do. I rang the intercom I want to read this book. The copper couldn’t believe it. “You want to read it? I will have to try and find one.” He was obviously surprised. Eventually I was given one. I read it front to back. Interesting they had already broken their own rules already.

As the day went by I was kept in the cell. After being in the cell for 15 hours, I asked for my medication which I had to take they refused! Oops that’s going to come and bite you.
Then finally after 18.5 hours the door of the cell opened and I was told I would be interviewed. I went into an interview room and it was there they said that I had been arrested for stalking and harassing Wigan Council Town hall Chief Executive and they asked me questions. I knocked everyone out of the park. It was clear as the light of a sunny day they had nothing and this guy DCI, no name guy, was a bad copper. (O how can I write that and think I can get away with that legally I hear some of you say? Read on). So the guy conceded he had nothing for stalking and harassing me. So I have been arrested and locked up for over 18.5 hours for nothing? well done you idiot! Nope he’s not letting go he said they were changing the arrest to conspiracy to stalk and harassing Donna Hall. “OK who have I been helping? Cllr Bob Brierley! I burst out laughing, I mean laughing my socks off. My solicitor and the bad copper and other female officer in the room were just looking like – what’s going on here? I said to this bad DCI, you really are stupid aren’t you? Why was the reply? I F**king hate him and despise him. The female officer then said, we had heard that too. So here they are saying that they knew I hated someone so much that I despised them and they now want to me to believe I have been helping him in some way. What a bunch of idiots!

After the interview I was told I was being put back in the cell. I was left there till 11.30pm before being released. But about 9.30 pm – (I have now been in custody for over 21 hours at this point) I became very unwell in the cell. Remember they refused me my medication earlier. I was throwing up with blood and in a lot of pain. They did nothing! At 11.20pm I was lead out to the desk to be released on bail. F**cking bail you having a laugh you have nothing you morons? But as I was in so much pain and still being sick with blood in it I just said what ever give me my F**cking medication quick so I can get better. The refused as there was not a nurse there to oversee it. At that point the duty sergeant rang for an ambulance. The Bad DCI wanted something else from me but they could only hold me for another 30 minutes and I remember the duty sergeant saying - look at him, he is clearly unwell and an ambulance has been called he’s going . We are not keeping him- end off! I had some friends outside waiting for me as the police had told my wife I was being released and organise a lift home. But as I was unwell they couldn’t release me. A nurse had also been called as the wait for an ambulance was some time away. The nurse came and pointed out to the duty sergeant that I had not been given my medicine in the afternoon and why not? He said he didn’t know he was not on then. She allowed me my medication. I was still in a lot of pain but was allowed to leave. I remember when they lead me out by the police to where my friends were they said o this is what Police brutality looks like then ! I was doubled over in a huge amount of pain. Although given my medicine it would take days to get better now.

So here I am on bail for a month. Not happy about it I just thought it will be over in a month just let the coppers get on with it. Then the police informed me they were extending my bail to the full 3 months they were allowed. What??? Hang on let’s just recap. They have arrested 3 other people for stalking and harassing and they were not on bail. I had been arrested for conspiring to help one of these people I hated and I am on bail WTF? Bang- I put a complaint into Greater Manchester Police. Did I expect anything but a cover up? No.

They put in charge a Chief Inspector and he arranged to meet me and go through my very serious complaint of corrupt coppers and everything else. When I met with him I told him everything I have said on here and more. Then I dropped the Bomb Shell. I call it the Nukey Bombshell! This Chief inspector was nice and I just thought is he going through the motions? Now we would get to see which side he was on. Justice or cover up? I told him that when I was in a cell for 15 hours, and at the time I was asking for my medication which the coppers where refusing me, the bad DCI was meeting or had already discussed me with Donna Hall and the Town Hall and agreed my bail conditions. I said so Donna Hall and the Council set my bail. He said, “Gareth that can’t be true. Bail is only set when you have been interviewed and we know the best course of action. I reiterated it. In fact, I did many times and he kept saying I was wrong! OK here it comes the nukey bomb time. I pulled out a letter the Council had sent me with my bail conditions on. He read it and said they shouldn’t have known this information. His face had changed he knew something was up. But he hadn’t seen it was a nukey bomb. He said it was wrong but it was clear that they had been told after I was released. I said take a look at the date? He did and then he knew it was a nukey bomb. The date was the date I was in a cell before I had been interviewed. The council must have posted it before 5pm to get it in the post because I got it just hours after being released. I think the phrase was like – this shit just got real. What did I want? My reply I want the corrupt officer(s) rooted out and sacked. The Chief Inspector said to send him some more information and he would investigate. What he did say next was interesting. He said, “we are not all the same Gareth. There are a large number of coppers out there working hard under tight budgets and trying their best and don’t let any bad coppers reflect on the whole”. You know what he was right I was putting all coppers under the heading as bent and corrupt. It was just one or a small few.

Also, in December of last yr due to the illness I spoke about before about I had my medication, I collapsed and was rushed into when that happened Donna Hall yet again put in another malice allegations. Guess what 7 coppers told to come over again from Bury (round trip of 60 miles) yet again to re arrest me and take me back into a cell. I was in hospital. The Police kept ringing and my wife was worried that whilst I was seriously ill in hospital the coppers would turn up yet again. I told her to get in contact with the solicitor – which she did and the solicitor arranged once I was out of hospital and fit and well I would go back in for a voluntary interview. This I did. It wasn’t the bad DCI but a new female officer. She said that Donna Hall had made yet more allegations which were I had broke my bail conditions. No, I hadn’t! I asked to see the evidence, if they had any? They showed me an email that Donna Hall said I sent. I looked at it and said what the hell? I didn’t send this Tory Cllr Ed Houlton had. This is the guy that whilst he was a carer had stabbed someone in the hand with his folk whilst he was eating. What a nice guy he is-not! Anyway, when I showed my solicitor the evidence she agreed I hadn’t and it was this Houlton guy. We had to keep explaining how email trails work, ie bottom to top. Oops she then said she hadn’t seen the evidence before and had been asked to ask the question. Guess how had asked her. You guessed bad cop DCI. Then there was 1 more evidence that I posted - a high court judge’s order where it evidences that she was order to pay the legal Bill for Cllr Steve Jones case I mentioned at the top of this post. This she did not do but got Wigan Tax Payers to pay for her via Wigan Town Hall. I said I did do this and it is clear that this is clearly in the public’s interest. The female officer took us back out and said that she was new on the case and she was part of the child protection team. WHAT?????? So now we have a police officer who should be working on really important cases that I am sure we all agree on – child protection to work on this dodgy  harassment case. And GMP say they are short of officer – now we know why. I take from this the Bad DCI didn’t want to be shown up by me yet again and getting others to do his dirty work. 

Back to my bail the 3 months had expired and the coppers where going to the magistrates to extend my bail for a further 3 months and ask for more conditions. NOT A CHANCE!!!!! They lied to the magistrates, in my opinion, and the bail conditions where extended. In affect stopping me from standing in the Local Elections. BRING IT ON !!!!! I was not going to stand for this. The only option though was the High Court and ask them to review the decision and case. Not an easy choice. Lose in the high court and you can lose royal. I mean your house everything.

Then the Chief inspector that had been investigating my complaint came back to me and said he had concluded his investigation and it was clear that in his opinion that, even though the threshold for being arrested is so low, that I should have never been arrested, detained, detained for nearly the full 24 hours – the max they can hold you for, taken my IT equipment and the bail conditions. Also leaking confidential information about me to Donna Hall, Labour and the Town Hall. I was getting excited this was the news I wanted to hear. But! Because their investigation had lead to the need to interview a high ranking officer of the same or higher rank then himself he could not carry it on. Therefore, he was referring it over to a higher rank officer at the Independent Police Complaints Commission to take over the investigation and go and an interview that high ranking officer. O dear someone’s in trouble now.

Finally, for me I discussed the issue with my wife as even though I felt we had a cast iron case as I said you do not go to the high court easily. She said what that bitch had done to us as a family do it and if we lost the house then we would just try to manage. I knew that was an extreme but you have to look at everything.

I also knew that the High Courts do not like getting involved with Police investigations and bail conditions for the right reasons too. A tall order to put this in, but I did. The high Court judge sitting on the Queens bench said that they do not get involved with police matters easily and it was again only in exceptional cases that they do but on this occasion because of what I was alleging and the evidence I had put in she wanted the police to put a response in. The deadline a Thursday at 4 pm. It was like a 48 hour time window they had to put it in. Then 24 hours after a judge had said that the Police rang me. They gave me a name and number to ring – QUICK! I rang it and it was the Police’s lawyer who said they were dropping everything quickly on me. In fact they had already dropped all the bail conditions, I can come and pick all the IT equipment up now and they had no interest in me. I bet they didn’t. They then said pull the High Court application quick from the courts so we do not have to respond. Had I done that technically I would have been responsible for their costs – not a chance. So, I refused and said we will await what the judge says. The lawyer said if I wanted to sue just go through litigation – civil courts for that. The Coppers were running for the hills. I hear on the grapevine that the Bad copper told Donna Hall that they were dropping everything on me and she went mad at them for not fighting it in court. With the evidence I lay before the courts there was not a cat in hell’s chance they were going to let that out in public court – it’s damning!
The judge has now come back and said that neither party should pay the others cost. I was refused my Judicial Review not because it was wrong or not strong enough but because the police had dropped everything the application was now not applicable. The Police asked for their costs back and the judge has denied them that on the grounds that whilst they had dropped everything it was only probably this was done because I had put the application in and they didn’t like the damning evidence.

I have refrained from making any public comment on this matter until the judge had signed the order and although this post is a long one it’s 6 months of hell. Labour and Donna Hall have been leaking on line with their help of people like Keith Cunliffe and Emma Appleton. In fact, all the posts that they were doing they thought was doing me harm. I was quietly screen shooting it and this was used in the JR and complaint against the bent coppers. It was a massive help. The team investigating couldn’t believe that all the sensitive information was being leaked by these people. In fact, the bent copper got word back to them to shut up and delete the posts because of the defamation and other legal action now being taken.

For me the case is with my lawyers to sue the hell out of Greater Manchester Police for false arrest, false imprisonment mis use of public office etc etc etc. As all this was done by Donna Hall, the then Chief Executive of Wigan Council, they too will be getting legal letters informing them that I will be suing them.

Some reading this may think it has been nothing, but even though I have been strong taking them to the High court and evidencing the corrupt officer(s) it is never easy and it has taken a massive strain on the me and the family at times but people have said to me the last picture of Donna Hall before she was sacked she looked ill. She knew this was all coming out soon and the police were not going to help her anymore with regards me. But when she got her bent copper mate to come into my home and arrest me and break the law all I can say is sleep tight. Not because of any physical harm that I am threating but she knows that she has taken me on personally and I will not let go and also I will pursue a misconduct in public office against her– an offence punishable by life in jail. She knows that one night a knock on the door is coming – not from me but the Police and when the police are on the other side it’s not because I have a dodgy copper mate doing my dirty business but the police that are using the law legally to arrest her for misconduct in public office.  But I know and she knows it’s coming. The question is will the police also suspend and/ or arrest any other their officers because of the IPCC investigation? time will tell.

So, you can see there are many losers here but do you know who the ultimately losers are – the tax payers because due to the illegal actions of Donna Hall whereby it has cost Tax Payers half a million quid for the illegal by election she tried to call but there is the cost of the police time into these malicious lies that she has made. My current estimate is over £1 million quid. So, in total she has cost the tax payers over £1.5 million quid when money is tight, due to the austerity cuts the Conservative Government has imposed on local councils – rightly or wrongly.

Also, the public needs to know they have confident that Civil servants in Wigan are not corrupt like Donna Hall. They need to know that the team at Wigan Council will not engage in political games and waste their money but let politicians argue polices out in the council chamber and then they follow what is agreed on.

For me I will be considering standing in the Local Elections and if I do it will be on an anti-corruption ticket. A ticket that people should have trust in their Town hall that even though Cllrs might not be able to agree on things but what they do agree on is no more corruption and no more wasting of tax payers money on corruption. If we can’t have that in Wigan then trust me everything else is lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.