Saturday 20 July 2019

What planet is the Mayor of Greater Manchester on

So I have read that the Labour Mayor of Greater Manchester wants Manchester to have an underground tube network.

Some may remember that year's ago that they looked at this. I believe it was first discussed in the 70's and it was decided it was too expensive and also with all the tunnels already there it was not feasible that too.

So it was decided nothing was an answer and doing nothing wasn't going to work they decided to have the MetroLink - trams. In fact, the tram system in Manchester is the largest in the UK. Also being looked at is tram-trains. These are trams that can work on the streets and also connect to the railway systems. This is far cheaper than new tracks. Good idea and one that many are used around the world.

So why on earth does anyone come up with the idea lets have an underground system for Manchester? Is the Mayor just like Trump and thinks like, "hang on I am not in the news and I have done the homeless thing to death and I have none nothing for that problem so people have stopped believing me on that and now I need to come up with another idea to try and justify my wages and office increase on the Council Tax? O I know let's have an underground that will get me back in the news? "

In fairness, the trams have been a great success and as I work in Manchester I know they are used extensively. They have built a train bridge that links Victoria train station to Piccadilly and that works well for trains coming from the airport to go over to Victoria and beyond so people do not have to change and go across Manchester to Victoria.

Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, says he wants to cut cars down in Manchester. I wonder how he gets to work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.