Friday 11 January 2019

Dianne Oxberry Dies Sad News - My memory of being interviewed by her


Many, if not most, of us will have seen and or heard Dianne Oxberry either telling us the weather on BBC TV shows or saw one of the other shows she presented or heard her on Radio BBC Manchester. It sad that today we learnt that she has sadly passed away yesterday.

Out thoughts and prays go out to her family at this time.

I had the fortunate pleasure of being interviewed by her live on BBC Manchester and what fun.

I had the previous day had a call from the BBC and they said that they had heard I was bring a Statue of George Formby to Wigan and they asked if I could go in to the Studio in Manchester the following day to be interviewed? It was an early start but I agreed. I didn't know who was doing the interview. When I arrived I was taken into the studio and there was Dianne and her co host  Eamonn O'Neal. I was seated next to her in the studio and they played good cop bad copy about George and it was Dianne that was playing the bad cop in all of this - Booo. It was for the show the good cop bad cop. 

What I rememebr about her and the interview that it was incredibly from start to finish and she was full of life and the banter she gave me and  Eamonn was incredible, she was funny whitty and incredibly intelligent and although she was playing bad cop about George saying she didn't get it and where there still people that followed George Formby. I said to her live on radio if you need to ask that question I will take you to Blackpool to one of the George Formby conferences. 

I have never had so much fun in an interview as it was just shear light-hearted fun banter between us.

t the age of 51 when she died yesterday it is an incredible waste as she offered so much to her viewers, listeners and to her family. 

RIP Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.