Friday 22 October 2010

Review of last night Parish Council meeting.

Last night saw my second full council meeting of Shevington Parish Council. It was not as heated as the first meeting, see previous blog for that review, but it still had its moment.

The fact is in my opinion the council has been run like a closed shop with no transparency or openness. They don't seem to vote just simply let things go through on the nod. This is wrong and I continue to say that they should vote and I will continue to have my vote recorded accordingly. This is not to be disruptive but to show the resiodents of the Parsih how I voted on issues so they know what I am doing on their behalf and how I vote.

I strongly objected to another newsletter going out where, in my opinion, they try to mislead residents on a number of issues.

On the back page it asks residents what they think to a number of "projects". I asked at a previous meeting that they include whether residents want a referendum or not. I stated that yet again my opinion is not included and it seems that the Parish Council are of the mind just to try and ignore me. They said that they did not include referendum as they are talking about projects and the referendum would not be a project. But they have put other as title "e". I feel that if residents put referendum on other then the Parish Council will not accept this.

Also yet again jobs where agreed with out going out to tender or the tendering process was not carried out properly.

I objected also to a number of other issues and asked for the minutes to be amended which some parts where.

Most surprising was the Vice Chairman seem not to like the scrutiny that I bring to the meetings where by I ask question and probe on issues and he walked out saying he has better things to do with his time. Also Cllr King threatened to walk too but he was asked not to go as the Parish Council needed him. I would suggest that some of the other Councillors would have felt isolated but I will not give in and I will continue to fight this non democratic closed shop called Shevington Parish Council.

1 comment:

  1. Gareth, I don't think the PC can accept that someone is now in the position to speak out,rather than have to sit in silence and listen to the great and good pontificate. BUT ,never underestimate them,they have friends in high places.In fact, they must have to get away with what they have over the years. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.