Sunday 19 August 2012

The week that ended......19 August 2012

Wow what a busy week not had one like this for some time.

I suppose I should start with the start of the week. Monday we had the public meeting at the Methodist church and we had a fantastic turn out and I would like all those that attended. We had about 150 people squeezed in and we discussed Ashfield and the fact that we will be going to a public hearing later in the year.

We then spoke about the new plans for Standish having so many houses if the Council gets their way. It was felt that we will all be writing in to object and of what I have seen so far this is the case. Also we agree to hold a demonstration on Monday night (Monday 15th Aug) at the community centre on Moody Street near the globe. This is where the Council are holding a drop in centre for the plans. With the about of emails and discussions I have heard I am expecting hundreds there and it will send a clear sign to the Council that we do not want these houses.

So many residents have been getting involved and it has been hard trying to keep pace of where residents have done in terms of delivering leaflets and letters etc..but we are nearly there and we are having more done tomorrow. Although we are holding the demo tomorrow the letters have got to be in by the 11 Sept 12, so we have a bit more time to get these in.

I held by surgery yesterday and there were numerous residents coming in with issues and I will try and get to these next week, after the demo.

Had a couple of meetings this week, one being with the chief executive of the Council with some issues, especially how officers will not meet me and are biased towards Labour and they have to be neutral in terms of Cllrs. A couple of complaints will be going in against these officers.

I have spent the last couple of hours going through all the emails and letters today and catching up on things. I intend to write back to all those that have taken the time and trouble to write to me. If you have not had a response yet no not worry I will.

Thank you for all the support this week and look forward to seeing you all there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.