Thursday, 25 February 2010

Election Law should be changed!

I hear on the grapevine that a Tory Councillor is looking to move to Bury St Edmunds. But they are putting themselves forward for a councillor in Wigan. They can do this as they will qualify for living in the borough for the last 12 months....or should I say they have been on the voters role for 12 months, which might not be the same.

However, I believe that when you sign up to stand you should actually agree to some kind of commitment. If this person gets in then they will only have to turn up to one meeting every 6 months and get their full allowance. Not bad work if you can get it.

This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened in 2008 Cllr Philip Thompson, Camden Council moved to America and still claimed his money. Quite ironic that his name should be Cllr Thompson.....

I will be writing to the electoral commission to voice my concerns and to see if they can look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.