Tuesday 13 July 2010

Cllr Robert Bleaklet Suspended for 6 Months

Yesterday Liberal Democrat Cllr Robert Bleakley was suspended as a Cllr for 6 mths, I hear. This was due to not showing respect to an officer of Wigan Council. Whilst I do not know the full facts of the case I know Robert to be hard working as a Councillor and is likely and well respected in his respective Ward of Tydlesley.


He will be suspended for 6 months I am not sure if he will appeal this or take it on the chin but he will be able to return in 6 months time and no by election will be needed. Whilst I am sure that Robert is glad that no lengthy ban has been imposed at least he can take comfort that he can return after the ban.


What is interesting is the fact that this has all stemmed from a flippant comment and some one did not like it. The hearing yesterday was heard at Kilhey Court Standish all at the tax payers cost and I wonder what this has all cost and was it really worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.