Sunday 26 January 2014

The week that ended.....26 Jan '14

Well the week started with what I thought was a wind up call from a reporter asking if I had been arrested by Police. After laughing I asked what for and the details, to which the reporter said, I guess this is a no then. After some digging around I found out that Standish Labour Cllr Emma McGurrin started the rumour. Apparently she told people that I had fallen out with police and Council officers on the large Cooperative Shop car park in Standish. Then I hit the police officer. Man who is this woman. Talk about a disgrace!

With her election campaign starting she choses by trying to discredit another Cllr with libellous Lies! Residents say I should sue - I say kick her out as she is a disgrace to be Cllr. After going into the paper saying that she welcomes the new houses that are to be built in Standish I guess she doesn't have a chance, as residents have wanted to get their revenge and in May they can do that, if they wish. What was nice was all the phone calls, emails and comments people have made towards me about this incident and they think it is disgraceful and they are fully behind me and the team. So thank you for al the comments.



Scrutiny Committee

On Wednesday night saw me return to Scrutiny Committees after my illness and the Chair welcomed me back with some nice comments. See us politicians can be nice to each other at times. If you want to read about that meeting see the link here.



Surgery

I had a busy surgery yesterday in the Library. Residents complaining about the planning issues, which I certainly share their frustrations with. Also a number of people have visited the Planning Committee and are disgusted that the Chairman and his wife both sit on this committee and feel that she should not due to her husband being the chair. I believe that is also good Government guidelines and best practise but I guess Labour are not interested in this.



Meeting this week.

Also we are holding a Save Standish meeting on Thursday of this week and so I am preparing for that as there is a lot to talk about. I hope people from all over Standish will attend as we will be letting residents know about all the planning applications that are in and about to go in.

The meeting will be held at the Unity Club on Thursday 30th January 2014 at 7.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.