Sunday 27 February 2011

Mesnes Road Crossing cut.

Back in 2009 April I launched a campaign to improve the crossing on Mesnes Road. This is the crossing outside the Brockett.

The problem is many times when trying to cross from the Brockett side especially it can be difficult to cross because cars park across the crossing whilst their pessengers and drivers go into the shop or taxi's waiting for customers from the Brockett.

I was first promised a zebra crossing then I was promised, after the zebra was cancelled, a new pavement scheme to stop cars parking. But this has now been cancelled because of the funding cuts. This campaign was first promised something two years ago and Labour has stalled and I believe never intended to do anything here but pay lip service.

If elected on Thursday I will be fighting for this crossing to be put back on the to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.